Sunday 17 February 2013

Last days of Summer.

We are trying to squeeze in as much as possible into the sunny days & swimming weather. I was also desperate to try out my awesome new fishing rod!! I had hoped that Poppy's reel would bring me luck.....maybe next time.
We had a lovely picnic and had fun building sand castles & splashing in the sun. All while the Kookaburras and cicadas created a chorus around us.
We will miss Summer.









Avocado and smoked salmon sanwiches :)




My lovely hubby bought me a fishing rod for Valentine's Day. He used one of the vintage reels that my beloved Poppy had given him and added it to a very nice new rod. My first ever fishing rod!!! Can't wait to actually catch something with it ;)












1 comment:

  1. Don't even mention that summer is nearly over - I hate winter!! Looks like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete