Sunday 3 November 2013

30 days of thankfulness- day 3.

Today I am thankful for my childhood sweetheart, my soul mate, my Eric.

I am mostly always thankful for him, but I do admit to the occasional period where I am more annoyed, fed up or simply irritated with him. But that's pretty normal...right?

I have already told our story, so I won't bore you again.

The truth is that I am very lucky to have him and I try really hard to not take that for granted. We have had a few tricky things thrown our way (we all have) and we still manage to find a way to hold it together. We find fun and adventure in the most creative ways- we have a wheelchair to factor in after all. We challenge each other intellectually, creatively and in the every day boring tasks that sometimes end in the slightest frictions ;)

We know each other too thoroughly to be able to hide faults. We love each other too honestly to not forgive those faults. We appreciate our different strengths, even though they sometimes drive us crazy.
I would jump to do anything to fulfil his dreams and he has done just the same for me.

We have a bond that is even stronger than I believed possible when we first dreamt our biggest dreams at very tender ages. Our children are the biggest of our biggest dreams and they have managed to surprise us with the extent that they have completed our lives. We had not really braced ourselves for what parenthood would mean for us, but we have been able to embrace and appreciate everything that was meant to be.

I am thankful for the constant companion I have, for the love he has given, for the appreciation he has for the person I am (warts and all). I thankful that he is willing to do the ironing AND mow the lawns. I am thankful that he is the best Dad I could ever have hoped for and has been incredible from the very first sign of cluckiness every single time. I am thankful that after 23 years of loving him, he still loves me too.

I am thankful for my husband and I know that there is nobody else in the world that I could be more thankful for.

Photography by The Follans

2 comments:

  1. I loved this so much x you are both so sweet. I had to laugh though because after seven days straight with andrew I could throttle him right now, ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! We all have those moments Bron. I am glad that you had those 7 days together to just be 'you' again.

      Delete