Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Years Eve.

I admit that I was getting a little bit worried that New Years Eve may have been spent in the car on the side of the road somewhere. After being told by a very helpful woman running a caravan park in Robe that "you may as well go home" when I asked if there were any sites available, my spirits were ever so slightly crumpled. When I told her that 'home' is Sydney there was still no sympathy offered.
The folk in Kingston were much more obliging and helpful...but still no where to stay. They gave some suggestions and  I'm now happy to say that we had to push on and try our luck elsewhere because we ended up with an enormous camp ground with very few other campers! There were no showers or water but we weren't packed into an over crowded caravan park with noisy drunkards- happy days :))))
The boys were happy to go dirty and eat from the pantry for dinner- eating tinned baked beans straight from the tin always delights them!!!

I can't think of a better way to bring in the New Year- the stars shining above me and surrounded by the people I love the most.








4 comments:

  1. The only thing that could have made it better would be running water and sanitation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I do confess Alison- a shower would have been nice :)

      Delete
  2. That looks perfect x enjoy the next few hot hot days in Vic! Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and yours Bron. Wow- it has been scorching hot since we arrived in Adelaide. Can't wait to explore the coast line of Vic.

      Delete